Saturday, December 25, 2010
GoodReader for iPhone 3.2.3
Quick summary: super-robust PDF reader with advanced reading, annotating, markup and highlighting capabilities, excellent file manager, TXT file reader and editor, audio/video player, Safari-like viewer for MS Office and iWorks files.
"Superb PDF file viewer offers wonderful reading experience", 4.5 out of 5 mice - Macworld.com, Jeff Merron, Dec.2009 (GoodReader v.2.4)
This version is for iPhone / iPod touch. For iPads use our other app called "GoodReader for iPad".
PDF Annotations, Markup & Highlighting feature requires iOS 4 or later.
Recent Chart Rankings:
PRODUCTIVITY: #1 in USA, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, France,
OVERALL: #1 in Japan, Spain, #2 In Italy, #6 in France, #7 in Germany, #8 in Canada
Congratulations! You've found the one and only Good Reader app for iPhone and iPod touch! If you need to read huge PDF, or TXT files, you've come to the right place. Faithful users of GoodReader have reported flawless performance with files over 1 gig in size; but that's only one of the many features that makes GoodReader the best app of its kind.
PDF Annotations, Markup & Highlighting is also our strength. Sticky notes, lines, arrows, freehand drawings on top of a PDF file - you name it. And the best part is that all annotations become a part of a PDF file itself - email it to your colleague, and she will see all your notes and drawings on a desktop computer, in a common PDF reading program.
Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you'll be transferring files directly from your computer over a USB cable, Wi-Fi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with MobileMe iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, box.net, and other popular servers.
Miss a good file manager? GoodReader comes in handy. Create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email and unzip them; send your files to other apps.
With the PDF Reflow feature, reading your documents is a pleasure because it extracts pure text from PDF files and automatically wraps words. This amazing feature fits all of the text to your screen perfectly. That means you never have to scroll left and right to read the text. For a better idea of how on-the-fly reflow works, sneak a peek at the Reflow screenshot down below.
With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you have true full screen reading. And if large white page margins annoy you, get rid of them with our PDF crop tool.
The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link will whisk you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the "Go Back" button takes you back to the page you came from. If you already know what you're looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file. You can even use the 50x zoom, which gives you a better view, without distorting the image. That makes it perfect for viewing PDF maps or drawings.
GoodReader supports massive PDF and TXT files, but it can also handle all of the most popular file types. Have a look for yourself:
. MS Office - .doc, .ppt, .xls and more
. HTML and Safari webarchives
. High resolution images
. It even does audio and video!
With GoodReader on your iPhone or iPod touch, you can read virtually anything, anywhere. Books, movies, maps, pictures; GoodReader puts it all in a single app, right in your pocket. From the very first time you use it, GoodReader is sure to be the most used app you will ever buy.
Stay tuned, because we're always developing something new for GoodReader.
== LEARN MORE ==
Visit our web-site:
goodiware.com :: products
What's new in Version 3.2.3
- fixed the issue with a crash when using Japanese keyboard and entering a password
new in v.3.2.1:
- new PDF displaying engine - zooming/panning is a lot smoother now. However, if for some reason the new engine doesn't work for you, you can always switch back to the original engine with the switch in Settings.
- "Higher quality images" switch in Settings for PDF files. This switch produces higher quality scanned images, but impacts rendering performance noticeably. So try this switch to see which option suits your needs better.
- wireless printing: AirPrint support (iOS 4.2 or later)
- actions available without closing a file - "Open In...", E-Mail, Print
- "Repair a PDF File" feature. Some damaged files that previously caused GoodReader to display an "Unknown PDF Error" message (and could not be annotated for that matter), can now be automatically repaired.
- support for 256-bit AES encryption in PDF files (iOS 4.2 or later)
- PDF Night Mode brightness slider is now available directly in a viewer, no need to adjust it in Settings any more
- PDF Annotations: adjustable line thickness for drawings
- PDF Annotations: adjustable opacity for drawings
- Redo button in freehand drawing mode
- freehand drawing tool now allows to zoom and pan a page with two fingers, useful for long handwritten notes that do not fit on one screen
- freehand drawing mode now recognizes single taps as dots - no more circles when drawing the "i" letter
- freehand drawing tool now works much faster on pages containing a large number of annotations
- images can now be deleted without closing the image viewer
- fixed the issue with accessing some WebDAV servers based on Microsoft IIS engine
- fixed the issue when annotations created in GoodReader were missing when printing files later from a computer (you'll need to somehow modify old annotations to fix them, any modification - placement, color, etc. - will make them "printable")
- accented European characters are now stored correctly in PDF notes (old damaged characters won't be fixed automatically, so you'll need to manually re-enter those characters in old notes)
- menus for annotating PDFs can now be accessed when VGA adapter is connected
- fixed various multitasking-related bugs (files being unexpectedly closed when getting back from the background, etc.)