Released on April 28 2011
GoodReader is the super-robust highly-rated PDF reader with advanced reading and annotating capabilities. Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines. The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
This version is for iPhone / iPod touch. For iPads use our other app called "GoodReader for iPad".
PDF Annotations feature requires iOS 4 or later.
The latest version of GoodReader adds the ability for you to sync your files with remote servers! Now you can:
• sync with iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync and any WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server
• sync entire folders or individual files separately
“GoodReader has a beautiful soul.” Mobilitysite
GoodReader not only supports massive PDF and TXT files, but also handles the most popular file types:
• MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls
• iWork ’08/’09
• HTML and Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Even audio and video!
"Superb PDF file viewer offers wonderful reading experience", 4.5 out of 5 mice, Macworld
ANNOTATE! Annotation is a feature long sought after by users who want to add their own mark-ups to PDFs, especially those collaborating as a team on shared documents. The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.
REFLOW PDF TEXT! With the PDF Reflow feature, reading your documents is a pleasure because it extracts pure text from PDF files and automatically wraps words. This amazing feature fits all of the text to your screen perfectly. That means you never have to scroll left and right to read the text. For a better idea of how on-the-fly reflow works, sneak a peek at the Reflow screenshot down below.
MANAGE FILES! GoodReader lets you create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email and unzip them; plus send your files to other apps.
TRANSFER FILES! Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, FTP and SFTP servers.
SYNC YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS! The amazing new Auto Sync feature will work with MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net, and any other WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server.
“Possibly the greatest app of all time.” Damego
PDF HYPERLINKS! The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link quickly whisks you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the “Go Back” button will take you back to the page you came from.
MORE VIEWING AREA! With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you’ll experience true full-screen reading. And if large page margins are annoying, get rid of them with GoodReader’s special PDF crop tool.
ZOOM! You can even use the 50x zoom, giving you a better view without distorting the image.
TEXT SEARCH! If you know what you’re looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file.
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES! We keep surprising our existing users with new features by constantly releasing free updates. We don't just do small fixes, we actually improve the app all the time!
LEARN MORE! www.goodreader.net
What's New in Version 3.6.3• fixed the issue when trying to add a popular mail server sometimes resulted in a crash
Was new in v.3.6.1:
• Data Protection. Now GoodReader takes advantage of iOS's ability to encrypt individual files to make sure your data is secure even if your device gets lost or stolen. ATTENTION!!! Special procedures need to be performed (and also some limitations apply). Be ABSOLUTELY sure to read the “How-To” manual on this feature, if you want to use it.
• Flatten PDF annotations. Now you can flatten your PDF files to embed annotations into the main PDF page body. This will make them visible in all PDF-capable apps (including Mail and Safari), regardless of those apps' inability to display PDF annotations. This also makes your annotations non-editable, which may be useful if you want to prevent your notes and drawings from being altered by someone else. “Flatten” option is also available when sending files from GoodReader via EMail or via “Open In...” menu. GoodReader does the “smart flattening” - it preserves all existing PDF hyperlinks, while flattening notes and drawings.
• symbolic PDF page labels are now supported. Use symbolic labels (i, ii, iii, etc.) to go to a page. This also addresses the issue when logical page 1 in a PDF document doesn't correspond to physical page 1.
• PDF Annotations: improved compatibility of Typewriter notes and text boxes with Mac's Preview app and Google Docs online viewer. All advanced properties (callouts, cloudy border, etc.) created in GoodReader should now be visible in those apps
• video files can now be played via AirPlay (iOS 4.3 or later)
• fixed the issue when only one audio track was played in the background
• improved connection to certain Microsoft IIS / Sharepoint WebDAV servers
• improved handling of untrusted server certificates when connecting to secure WebDAV, IMAP and POP3 servers
• faster syncing of large amount of small files with some secure servers (iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync, etc.)
• faster SFTP downloads
• more stable SugarSync connection
NOTE: Due to the nature of Data Protection, installing this particular update requires a one-time processing of all your files that already exist in GoodReader. Depending on a number of files, the very first launch of this update may take a while. It's a one-time process. Please be patient, don't interrupt it.