Requirements: Android 2.1 and up
Adobe Reader provides high quality, fast PDF viewing and interaction for your Android smartphones and tablets. Select Adobe Reader as the application of choice when opening a PDF file and you will be able to view and navigate the PDF quickly and intuitively.
Key features of Adobe Reader are:
• High quality & fast PDF viewing on a small screen enables you to view PDF files as they are
• View PDF Portfolios and Password-protected PDF files
Enhanced Experience for Small Screens
• Text reflow mode to adjust document content to fit screen size
• Choice of viewing modes (Single Page or Continuous Scroll) for convenient viewing depending on document type and screen size
• Touch-based gestures for efficient navigation and zoom in the PDF
• Text search function to find and jump to specific text in the PDF file
• Page navigator interface for fast navigation within large files
• Hot-spots in the left and right parts of the screen to go to previous or next page
Organize, Share and Manage
• Built-in file manager provides quick access to all PDF files on the device organized by location as well as recently viewed files
• Share function enables sending PDF files via other applications, including sending as email attachments with one touch
• Adobe Reader application can be moved to the SD Card – this feature is supported on devices with Android v 2.2 and higher
• English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Czech, Polish & Turkish
Adobe Reader is a must have application for your Android device, providing fast and high quality PDF document consumption.
NEW! –Access Adobe CreatePDF on Android Market from the menu in Adobe Reader. Adobe CreatePDF lets you create high-quality PDF files on your Android device from Microsoft Office documents, images etc. and share them easily with others.
In this update, Permissions to access email attachments from default email client or Gmail are removed. These permissions were added in the previous release as a workaround due to an apparent change in Android v 2.3 which prevents Adobe Reader from seamlessly opening PDF attachments unless the apps had these permissions. Adobe takes privacy very seriously, and these permission requests were removed to address potential privacy concerns. As a result of access permissions requirements being removed, some users on devices with Android v2.3 and above may experience usability issues in certain cases, such as having to select PDF attachments twice in order to open in Adobe Reader. Adobe is actively working with Google to investigate this issue.
By clicking "Install" I agree to the License Agreement terms at http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/
What's in this version:
• Support for devices with Android v 3.0 (Honeycomb)
• Permissions to access email attachments from default email client or Gmail are removed. These permissions were previously added as a workaround due to an apparent change in Android v 2.3 & above.
• New menu item to access Adobe CreatePDF on Android Market